Welcome to Apply online for Visiting Tibetan Settlements.

(Protected Area Permit for foreigners visiting the Tibetan Settlements in India)
Tibetan Refugees/Settlements in India

Tibetan refugees began pouring into India in the wake of the flight of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama in the year 1959 from Tibet. The Government of India decided to give them asylum as well as assistance towards temporary settlement. Care has been taken to retain their separate ethnic and cultural identity. There are approximately 1.10 lakh Tibetan refugees residing in 45 Settlements and outside the Settlements spread in different States in the country.

Protected Area Permit (PAP):-

It has been the policy of the Government of India that all Foreigners including the Foreign Aid Agencies visiting the Tibetan Settlements/Camps should seek prior permission of the Ministry of Home Affairs for visiting such Settlements/Camps in the country. Settlement Officers are to ensure that all foreigners visiting settlements should have valid Protected Area Permit (PAP) as per the provision of Section 3 of Foreigners Act, 1946 (31 of 1946). See more

Online submission of application for PAP:-

In order to streamline and facilitate the processing of PAP, this Ministry has launched the online facilities of seeking applications for PAP from the foreigners intending to visit Tibetan Settlements/Camps in India and also issuing of permits online to such foreigners if otherwise not rejected.

All foreigners intending to visit Tibetan Settlements/Camps in India may therefore apply online for PAP by logging in this Ministry’s website

Applications found incomplete shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence/reply shall be given.

The address to communicate with this Division is as follows:
The Under Secretary(RHS),
FFR Division,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
NDCC-II Building JAI SINGH Road,
OFF Parliament Street, Near Jantar Mantar
New Delhi-110 001

Best viewed in Internet Explorer 6 & above, at a resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher
Site Hosted & Maintained by National Informatics Centre Content provided by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India Disclaimer